MENA Speaks Competition
Are you the next great global speaker from the MENA region? We want to hear your most compelling, heartbreaking or fascinating stories. We want to hear the stories that changed your lives, that made you who you are. We want to hear what makes you you. Are you possibly an expert in your field or somebody that should be on stage and spread knowledge? We want to find the next Superstar Speaker of the MENA Region. But above all, we want to give inspiring speakers a platform to get recognized for their talent. MENA Speaks powered by the KnoWhoMarket.com is an online speaking competition, where you can submit your entries from the ease of your home.
Win an exclusive contract agency with MENA Speakers, as well as a chance to be in the spotlight and to receive professional coaching and representation from MENA Speakers, the leading speakers bureau in the Middle East. Get PR and let this be an accelerator or catalyst to your speaking career.
What do you need to participate?
We are calling every person interested in public speaking in the MENA region, as long as you are above 18, you are welcome to participate! This means everyone is welcome to send a video and become part of this project: tell your friends, your family and co-workers. We want to hear what makes you unique!
We are looking for credible speakers that have previous public speaking experience, are charismatic and are determined to share their message with the world. For that reason, we want you to send us a video that can be an introduction about yourself or an excerpt from a speech. Share your dreams, passions, ideas and knowledge with us! Along with it, send a picture and a sentence explaining why you want to become a speaker! Register your profile today and start your journey in becoming professionally recognized as a speaker.
First round: March 1st – April 20th , 2018
Second Round : April 25th – May 5th , 2018
The applicant must be a citizen or resident of a MENA Country.
The MENA Countries include:
Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Palestine, and Yemen.
We accept the entries in Arabic and English.
How to apply?
- Make an account on www.KnoWhomarket.com/contest
- Login as a “speaker”
- Once Logged in, Upload your picture and fill in the required information to make your profile
- Upload your video on Youtube or Vimeo and then share the URL on your knowhomarket profile
- The videos can contain anything from an introduction about yourself to an excerpt from a speech. Share your dreams, passions, ideas and knowledge with us!
- Make sure that your head to torso is clearly shown in the video, as we want to see how do you speak and how well do you use the non-verbal gestures.
- In the "Personal Description” section of your profile, write a sentence explaining “why you want to become a speaker” and “what makes you the SuperStar Speaker of the MENA region".
Guidance for speakers
Before you even record the video, ask yourself if you are even interested in the topic? Using the sheer power of your enthusiasm, share with us what you really believe you want the world to hear. Your speech must convey your emotions, your beliefs and must tear through the heart of the people with them realizing. Don’t let the feeling of inadequacy stop you from speaking your mind. Let your passion be reflected in the videos, let your passion bring tears to the eyes of people, let your passion motivate the people, let your passion make one to get started!
1. What is the application Process?
Make an account on www.KnoWhoMarket.com upload your details and submit your best videos. The videos can contain anything from an introduction about yourself to an excerpt from a speech. The videos must be in English or Arabic. Share your dreams, passions, ideas and knowledge with us! Make sure that your head to torso is clearly shown in the video, as we want to see how you speak and how well you use the non-verbal gestures. Profiles without a video will not be qualified in the final round regardless of ranking.
2. How many videos do I post?
You can submit as many videos as you would like to. Please share the videos that best represent your personality. We want to see your overall personality, so make sure that the different videos show different aspects of your personality. For example, one video might contain a funny story, the other one might be a little more serious. We simply would like to see you speak.
3. Do I submit different videos for the two different rounds?
No, this is not necessary but it would be interesting for the jury to see different sides of the candidates.
4. What are the deadlines?
The first round: April 20th, 2018| 11:59 EST
The second round: May 5th, 2018| 11:59 EST
5. I am not 18 years old can I still participate?
- Background – Does your background give you credibility in what you are talking about? Is there a clear MENA region affiliation?
- Thought-leadership – Is what you are talking about innovative, thought-provoking and compelling.
- Speaking Charisma – are you on of the few rare gems that speak, and everyone wants to listen?
- Intention – Why do you wish to become a speaker?
6. Who is eligible to apply?
People living or working in the Middle East or North Africa are welcomed to participate in the competition.
Please note that MENA Speaks gives full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, gender, orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
7. I am not a citizen of any of the MENA countries but live and work in the MENA countries, can I still participate?
Yes, as long as you reside in the Middle East or North Africa.
8. Can I submit the videos in Arabic?
Yes, we accept the entries in Arabic and English. We are not a political nor religious organisation. This neutrality means that we only review and encourage candidates that will adhere to our neutrality and with the sole intention of educating, engaging and empowering our audiences.
9. I am unable to login to the application portal
If you are having problems logging in, please email info@KnoWhomarket.com
© KnoWho Market 2018, All rights reserved.